At each YWAM campus, a School of Worship is developed differently according to the calling and direction of the base at which the school runs. At YWAM Nashville, God is directing us to run this school with a focus on the power & presence of God.
Jesus said in Matthew 22 that the greatest commandment is to “first, love God with all your heart, soul, and mind; and the second is to love your neighbor as yourself.” We see worship and missions as the marriage of the first and second commandment to obey the greatest commandment Jesus gave us. We also recognize that He had an order to that commandment and that loving God comes first with love-driven ministry following.
Gather your tools
- Cultivating Intimacy with God
- The Work of Holy Spirit in Worship
- Pursuing Personal Freedom
- Character Development of a Worshipper
- Understanding the Biblical & Historical Context & Basis of Worship
- The Marriage of Worship and Intercession
- The Prophetic Nature and Role of the Worship Ministry
- Musicianship and Song-writing
- Developing Leadership & Team Dynamics
- The Grace of Worship in Spiritual Warfare
- The Role of Worship in Reaching the Nations
- The Role of the Supernatural in Worship
This school is built so that you will be equipped to be supernatural ministers of the Father. We believe that God wants to see the supernatural be natural to us. As a student, you will be trained in music theory, instruments and vocals, as well as learning why music plays an important role in worshiping God. You will be trained in how to minister with and lead a team or a band. You will be trained in the understanding of the biblical concept and mandate of worship and how to teach and impart those truths. You will be transformed by God.
“Missions exists because worship doesn’t.” - John Piper